Thursday

Finally, a Vodka I Don’t Love: Svedka


I couldn’t be more pleased to report that I do not love Svedka vodka. First, this is the vodka that offered to sponsor Lindsay Lohan’s 21st birthday party (but pulled out after LiLo was nabbed for D.U.I).

Second, I was getting a little concerned that, far from discriminating, I was becoming a vodka slut.

That said, I don’t hate Svedka. It’s cheap. I picked it up on sale for $11.99 – making Svedka the cheapest bottle of vodka I had ever purchased. So in the interests of saving coin and not feeling like a pretentious arse, it would not have been a horrible thing to like Svedka.

But I don’t. Vodka makes its bones on the back end. Charming though it may be at first impression, if it skanks on the way down it’s not worth your time. Svedka skanks. (Insert LiLo joke here.) It has the deadly duo of a nasty aftertaste and a long finish.

Bottom line, stay away from Svedka. Ignore the stupid spokesbot and instead pick up my beloved Smirnoff, which is still the best value going.

No comments: