Wednesday

Worstest Vodka Ever

This is a real good time to take a break from vodka. I never imagined vodka could be so horribly, horribly bad.

For the latest example I give you Zubrowka Bison Grass vodka. Two things you'll notice straight away: Its yellow hue and the blade of grass in the bottle, the latter being responsible for the former. Thus this is technically a flavored vodka.

My one tasting note: it tastes like it's been distilled from a cinnamon-stuffed pierogi. It is revolting.

Here's the rub: the stuff sold in the U.S. isn't the real thing. Bison grass contains coumarin, which is banned in the States. So, the U.S. version uses artificial flavoring to approximate the taste of the grass. The result: ghastly.

Now, I did finish the bottle. Because, growing up, my parents taught me to always clean my plate. As I told Mrs. McDrinkerson, I had to finish the bottle; there are sober people in Africa. You're welcome people of Africa.

No comments: