Thursday

Worst Vodka Ever

Vodka is criminally easy to make. All you need is ethanol, water, and something to filter out the nasty stuff, usually charcoal.

This explains why vodka producers spend the majority of their efforts on making fancy bottles.

Typically it's nearly unthinkable for me to find a vodka that isn't at least drinkable. Well, the end of the world may be nigh because there is a vodka that I would choose ipecac over. It's UVIX.

Ever hear of an Italian vodka? Yeah, there's apparently a real good reason for that. Now that Ciroc has shown you can make vodka from grapes, the Italians must have thought they could do it better. Got to be easier than making Sangiovese, right?

Well, no. UVIX is almost indescribably bad. Think rubbing alcohol. I'm not overstating this in the least. It's bad. Real bad.

I have a new found respect for Ciroc as a result.

UVIX is godawful. Stay away. I suggest not even looking at it.

No comments: