Saturday

Tang 10

Those who have sat at an adjacent bar stool have heard me rhapsodize about the sublime gin that is Tanqueray. It is for me the quintessential gin, never apologizing for its juniper bite.

But those that don't share my admiration think it tastes like Pinesol. (My standard reply: Let's talk about why you're drinking Pinesol.)

So a decade or so ago, along came
Tanqueray No. 10. It's light on the juniper berries (the Pinesol, if you will) and heavy on the fruit. I once read it described as "fruit forward" and that's just about right.

I don't like Tang 10. See, it tastes like bubble gum. And once I made that connection I could never take it seriously. Honestly, taste it and tell me if you don't agree (Mrs. McDrinkerson concurs).

The biggest crime is that Tang 10 costs more than the regular version. It's so not worth it.

Stick with the original or try Plymouth if you prefer something smoother.

"I don't drink gin" is not an acceptable answer.

No comments: